Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby...or babies?

I’m thrilled to say we got more good news today… my third beta level came back at 9,267 which as you can see from the chart below is just about perfect right now! My little one(s) are already overachievers it seems :)
Also in yet another first for us, my first sonogram is scheduled for next Wednesday at which time we will hopefully find out if we have a baby or babies!!!! With today’s news I think we’re finally starting to feel that this is real & we may just become parents after all! We feel incredibly blessed & are so thankful to be passing another milestone. That being said I know I’ve been a bit of a shiny, happy blogger lately & I just want all of you ladies in infertility (IF) land to know I haven’t forgotten about you. I know that there are many of you who are still struggling & if it’s too painful to be following me during this time I understand. I feel I cannot even begin to give sufficient words to the support that you all have surrounded me with during our struggles & I will never forget the pain and difficulties experienced on the path of IF. I guess I just want you all to know that I feel a bit torn, I’m so happy to be in this moment & to have received such positive reports following our first round of IVF/ICSI, & on the other hand I know there are so many of you, my sisters in IF land, who have received negative reports after incredibly long, hard roads. IF is such an intense, emotional path; it is without a doubt one of those experiences in life in which I feel that I am forever changed. It is a battle scar I carry proudly though, knowing that I pushed myself both emotionally & physically to endure. It is a struggle without which I would never have gained the compassion & understanding I now have in knowing that parenthood does not come easy for some & for which some have to fight intense circumstances to accomplish their dream. I know it’s a bit early in this pregnancy, and don’t get me wrong, I’m still worried about all that can go wrong, but I feel a bit like I’ve come full circle today. I was looking back at my first post, Hope & Acceptance, and at the quote I posted that means so much to me about what God meant when He gave me infertility. While I always have loved it, today I really felt every piece of it. And as the author wrote, while IF is a road I never would have chosen in the past it is one in which I now feel is such an integral part of who I am.

24 comments:

Leslie said...

Congratulations on your wonderful beta news! It looks like you may have more than one bean in there.. I look forward to hearing about your u/s next week! My first u/s is next Tuesday so less than a week for both of us.

Your hope & acceptance post is neat! Thank you for sharing again.

Maredsous said...

Wow, I have heard of precision, but really. Could you numbers follow the lines any more perfectly? And right on the upper value line. Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound. Good luck!

Krista said...

Rebecca -- I can only speak for myself, of course, but it makes me so very happy to read about an IVF success story. I rejoice in your increasing betas because it's proof that this stuff really does work. My husband and I were having breakfast in a restaurant the other day and a family was seated a table nearby. Older mom, older dad and twin daughters who looked to be about 6-years-old. I was all but certain those were IVF babies. And it made me feel... hopeful that one day we'll be that family in the restaurant. So, you just write whatever you feel on your blog! I find it inspirational! And, thanks for the link to your first post. Very powerful!

Christine said...

congratulations on the wonderful news. i am a recent reader of your blog and i have to say you are a joy to read. you are able to express the feeling in which i struggle to find the words for. i will continue reading your blog even though i haven't had my success story yet on the IF road. reading news such as yours helps to fuel the fire that seems, on days like today, like it is about burn out.

RaisingCain said...

Personally, I can't WAIT for your ultrasound news! Keep on writing - please!

Mom said...

Dad and I are rejoicing with you both on such wonderful news......and cannot wait to hear more next week on our grandbaby, or grandbabies???

myinfertilitywoes said...

Awww, how nice that your mom wrote - did she really?

and yes, please keep writing! I feel very connected with you already and look forward to your posts and am so happy for you. I think it can be hard for some people and that's understandable. You are so compassionate and it comes through in your writing!

One Who Understands said...

What a great number!! I think it may be babies!! IF has changed us all. Even once we cross the road to pregnancy and then parenthood we are never fully cured. I am so happy you are now well on your way with a healthy pregnancy. I for one cannot wait to follow you every step of the way.

Ashley Keunen said...

What great news!!! You are such a beautiful writer Becky!

Carrie said...

BabieSSSSSSSS!! Can't wait to find out!!! Also....love your quote about how infertility definately has made me part of who I have become.

Dana said...

How exciting to find out how many you are having! I pray for healthy for you and your growing family!

Adele said...

You know, I had a sneaking suspicion when you posted your first beta that it might be twins. The number seemed kind of high:) This is great news - things are progressing exactly as they should.

And it is lovely of you to think of others in the middle of all this. I can only speak for myself but I am so happy for you, Rebecca. And I am looking forward to following you in the next 9 months. Hugs.

Clare said...

Great numbers - i love the comment from your mom, so so sweet! xx

sienna said...

hi there - great beta numbers!! you must be soo excited for your first sonogram next week. i hope you are enjoying every minute of this pregnancy so far and that you're feeling well :o)

Tiffany said...

i read your mom's post and burst into tears. lord, i'm so hormonal! :) i'm so so happy to hear that you continue to receive good news. i pray that that never changes on your new preggo journey. and i think that those you have met on your IF journey are definitely rejoicing with you. i'm sure your blog/posts bring them a sense of hope and inspiration. i love you!

Kristin said...

What beautiful betas! Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope and pray everything continues to go well.

~ICLW

Jana said...

Congrats. We all want everyone to have great news and it couldn't happen to a greater person. You can be one of the graduates trying to help us remedial students get off the short bus.

your favorite aunt. said...

becky, so excited, i can't wait for wednesday to come, what time is your sonogram? to God be the glory for what he has done. love you

Rachel said...

I couldn't be more thrilled!!! I am anxious to hear about the ultrasound next week.....thinking twins!!! As Libby would say...she is hoping for two girls!! I have never been more honored & proud to be your sister! Congratulations again!! Take time to enjoy your moment and your pregnancy! Love you!!!

Wifey said...

I was visiting from ICLW and was thrilled to read a blog with such joyous news. I'm so excited for you and I know your joy is beyond words. Take the time to enjoy it all, every second of it. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

AHHHH! So excited for you! I can't wait to hear more GREAT news about the baby(ies)! Happy ICLW.

Danifred said...

Congratulations! What exciting, exciting news!
Happy ICLW!

Krissi said...

Congratulations!! It is amazing the journey...and your post is so well written as a culmination! I would love to feature your success story on my blog! Come by to check it out!

tireegal68 said...

wow - those are some spectacular numbers!!!! That is amazing. I think it's twins! Glad you are feeling that you have come full circle. I know what you mean about ambivalence about being pregnant when so many have still many mountains to climb, but it is a ray of hope too. good luck on weds!

Post a Comment