"What do I think God meant when he gave me infertility?
"I think he meant for my husband and I to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper. I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down. I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols. I think God meant for us to find a cure for infertility.
"No, God never meant for me not to have children. That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on. I've been placed on the road less traveled, and, like it or not, I'm a better person for it. Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let him down.
"Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.
"While I would never choose infertility, I can not deny that a fertile woman could never know the joy that awaits me. Yes, one way or another, I will have a baby of my own. And the next time someone wants to offer me unsolicited advice I'll say, "Don't tell me what God meant when he handed me infertility. I already know."
author unknown
"I think he meant for my husband and I to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper. I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down. I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols. I think God meant for us to find a cure for infertility.
"No, God never meant for me not to have children. That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on. I've been placed on the road less traveled, and, like it or not, I'm a better person for it. Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let him down.
"Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.
"While I would never choose infertility, I can not deny that a fertile woman could never know the joy that awaits me. Yes, one way or another, I will have a baby of my own. And the next time someone wants to offer me unsolicited advice I'll say, "Don't tell me what God meant when he handed me infertility. I already know."
author unknown















10 comments:
Hi Rebecca, here from the Lost & Found. My blog is also called "The Road Less Travelled" (with two Ls, lol). The road I'm on is somewhat different from yours, but then, isn't everyone's? I hope it leads you to the baby of your dreams!
Welcome to the blogosphere, and thank you for sharing that thought. I'm not religious myself, but the sentiment is just as powerful for me regardless. I actually began to tear up.
I strongly believe that every hardship presents an opportunity to learn something significant, to grow as a person, to enrich our life experience in a profound way - though we aren't always able to see that right away. Thank you for the reminder that something positive can (and should) be drawn from this battle.
Thank you ladies for stopping by & for sharing your stories, I appreciate the support more than you can know right now!
That really says it all! Amazing. I am praying for you! Jen
Rebecca - thanks for coming over to my blog today - I wanted to see what you were about and just love this post. Whoa. Just grabbed me.
Loved this part - it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.
Don't we know it?
Look forward to reading more about you. Hugs!
This is beautiful.
I love this quote, and it really is true--since we adopted our son, I often find myself noticing other parents with their kids and can quite confidently say that I rarely see anyone enjoying their baby as much as we do our longed-for, dreamed-of, miracle boy. I'm sure you'll feel the same with your little one(s) :)
Thank you for this post. Wow, does it hit home. The line about quenching the thrist brought a rush of tears for me. So very true...
Hoping for the best for you!
Thank you for this post. I know it was very long ago but I am beginning my journey into the unknown world of infertility and I'm always struggling to understand what it means with my faith. This is an amazing way to think about it, and it really lightens my heart.
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much for this post! I have been on my ttc journey for 2 years, much of that spent dealing with infertility, and now I'm dealing with secondary infertility (we've had 2 early miscarriages and have now found that I have MTHFR). I've not lost hope, but this post gave me such a sense of new hope! Again... thank you!
Post a Comment