Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ready, Aim...

So injection # 1 I'm happy to report was very easy! It seems they work you into this to make things not so overwhelming...the needles for the various med's get larger as you go along (Progesterone, the last med, being by far the scariest...more on that later). Nick's experience as a kid filling syringes on the farm paid off, who knew one day he'd need to do the same for me? Thanks to his parents for this learning experience, I greatly appreciated his knowledge & expertise in this area:) You'd think he'd given shots like this many times, I guess he probably has, but to cattle or pigs instead of actual people. Either way, it obviously was very useful!
So overall can totally handle this injection...the only negative, I couldn't get back to sleep, which at 6:30am on a Saturday is awfully darn early. Maybe it's God's way of preparing me for actual parenthood, no more sleeping in:)
Just praying the medications don't turn me into a lunatic, I've heard from many IVF friends that the med's make you pretty emotional at times. As you all know with my job it's pretty important for me to be the one in control of the situation, so if nothing else I hope that I can maintain composure while at work. On the plus side my new boss is extremely supportive as she has also been through IVF & understands all that comes with this. I am so extremely thankful to have her as my boss right now & also to be in my new job during all of this. I have already felt such a decrease in my stress level with this new job, which I know is so important during my treatment cycle. God has amazing timing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment