We all will be faced with challenges in our lives, it is inevitable & part of what brings out both the best & worst in us. These trials can force us to test our inner strength & confront our previously held beliefs about the world around us. One of the reasons I am a social worker is that I am passionate about empowering others to cope with life's struggles. Infertility has forced me to really examine the aspirations I've had for my life & brought perspective that only major life struggles can bring. While I feel closer to my husband than ever before being faced with infertility can be an isolating experience for couples. As most of our friends & family have started families of their own we have been forced to realize that we will never experience pregnancy & parenthood as the majority of others do.
We have been blessed to have friends & family who sustain & support us during this time & are so thankful to have them with us on this journey. One reason I started this blog was to keep all of these people updated & because I knew that no matter how this all turns out we will need the love & support of those around us. What I hadn't anticipated though was all of the remarkable women I've come across who have struggled with infertility & are currently fighting to become parents through assistive reproductive technologies or adoption. Today I was embraced by an amazing sisterhood of women that are battling infertility right along side me. Ladies thank you for not only sharing your words of support but also your stories, allowing me to witness your strength, courage, & giving me hope that no matter where this road takes me I will never walk it alone. These women support each other through the success & devastation of infertility & I feel immensely fortunate to be a part of this group. For more information on the guru who makes this all happen & how they found me see the following blog which is coordinated by Ms. Stirrup Queen herself...
http://lostandfoundandconnectionsabound.blogspot.com/
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
I am glad to have come across your blog on LFCA and I look forward to following your journey.
I'm so glad you found all of us--all 3000+ of us--and that you're not going through this without a few people in your back pocket who are in the same situation.
Post a Comment