Friday, May 30, 2014

Arrival...

So it appears Brielle's arrival is anyone's guess at this stage in the game. I saw my OB today, I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow, eek!!! I'm still dilated at one but she said I'm really close to being at a two. The good news was that I'm effaced at 50-60% so it really is a toss up at this point what will happen. She said I could go into labor this weekend or we could be still looking at a c-section on June 9th. If I don't go into labor by next Friday the 6th I'll be going back to the OB for one last check up and growth ultrasound. Those of you who know me know that I'm a planner so quite honestly the unpredictability and uncertainty of when and how she's going to arrive is driving me a bit crazy!

Belly pic at 37 weeks...
Any guesses? I'll be sure to post after next week's appointment if we make it that far and if not after she arrives! Thanks for all the support & encouragement. I still am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we made it to full term and we'll be meeting our baby girl in less then two weeks!!!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Full term....

I've officially reached the point in this pregnancy that is more then I could have hoped for! As of today I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant, on Saturday I'll hit the 37wk milestone. I had my last progesterone injection this weekend and got to turn in my sharps container at my OB appointment yesterday. I had my first weekly appointment with the OB yesterday...eek so excited to be at weekly appointments! The mind blowing thing is that everything is continuing to look great, my blood pressure is remaining low, I've had no swelling, baby girl's heart rate is great and she's as active as ever! On the down side I'm definitely sleeping a lot less this past week and feeling a whole lot more uncomfortable so thankfully I'm experiencing some of the symptoms of full term pregnancy essentially:) My OB checked my cervix during yesterdays appointment and I'm dilated to 1 cm, not a lot but hey it's something so I'll take it! Because of the Holiday weekend  I won't see her again until the 30th unless something happens before then. I had some very brief contractions last week but once I laid down they stopped after about thirty minutes so no reasons for hospital trips yet. We went ahead and scheduled a repeat c-section for Monday June 9th but are still planning to attempt a vbac if I go into labor on my own before the 9th. Otherwise we've got our hospital bags packed and ready, and are anxiously waiting to meet our little girl!!!!


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

34 week ultrasound....

I met with my OB yesterday for my 34 week appointment and monthly growth ultrasound. Baby girl is looking fabulous and weighing in at 5lbs even already, which we're thrilled about! Also we were surprised to hear the tech say that she has a lot of hair since this was not at all the case for her big brother. My blood pressure is remaining very low and I've experienced no swelling so things are looking great. All of us are thrilled I've made it to this milestone!



We talked a lot about VBAC vs repeat c-section and as any of you know facing this decision there are multiple variables that play into which route we'll end up going. For now we've decided that if I go into labor naturally we'll attempt a VBAC, baby will be monitored the entire time and if everything goes smoothly hopefully this can happen. It will make recovery and taking care of two little ones a lot easier. If though I make it to 39 weeks and have not gone into labor on my own both us and the OB agreed we don't want to induce and then try for VBAC so in that situation we'd schedule a c-section. So time will tell. It was a bit overwhelming to me discussing the risks with the OB. I'm hopeful when the time comes it will be more obvious which route we should go and thankfully I have an OB in my corner that I trust fully.

I'll be going back to the OB in two weeks for a regular check and then will have weekly appointments from there on...crazy to think I'm almost to that point!! My mind is still having a hard time grasping that we've made it this far and that she'll be here possibly in the next month! We've officially decided on her name, Brielle Grace and have started putting the nursery together.