Thursday, March 14, 2013

Welcome home little embryo..

Thank you all so much for the thoughts, kind words and prayers!! So far the trip has been going wonderfully. Ian tolerated the flight well; there were a couple fussy moments and one small meltdown, but overall we felt like it went about as good as we could have hoped. And, as witnessed by another toddler on our flight, could have gone much worse!

We enjoyed a lovely dinner with our donor family here, and it was wonderful for them to finally get to meet Ian! We'll be getting together again tomorrow night, and while I'm already very much looking forward to it, I'm also sad we won't get to spend more time together this trip. It's amazing this bond we share and the way in which the paths our families each took brought us to each other, thus making us family in the process. The gift of embryos they entrusted to us, the ripple effect that gift has had in creating Ian's life, our family, and everyone his life touches. That is one powerful, incredible thing, and it reminds me once again of all the goodness there is in this world and our responsibility to continue to pass on the love and faith that was entrusted to us.

So on to the big event! The transfer this afternoon went flawlessly. The first embryo thawed beautifully, and as you can see from the picture below, was a high grade hatching embryo just like Ian!!! Thinking positive thoughts and hoping it's making itself nice and comfy for the long haul...and hopefully longer then Ian did:)



It was odd being back in the clinic since the last time was for Ian's transfer. It brought up a lot of emotion for me, and I found myself trying to not to get too weepy! It was wonderful to see the RE that did Ian's transfer again, and when she asked about my necklace I definitely got a little teary! Then seeing our little embryo flash across the screen during transfer in that same room where Ian first became a part of our lives. Well, I definitely had to wipe a tear at all that!

Now on to enjoying 24hrs of bed rest as the clinic suggests while Nick keeps up with Ian! I'm drinking loads of hot water like I did after Ians transfer. You never know, but I remember reading before his transfer that drinking warm liquids is good after transfer  as you want a warm uterus for implantation so figured might as well continue that tradition too. Nick caught this cute pic of Ian cuddling with Momma and maybe his next sibling when I got back to the hotel this afternoon! And now the 2 week wait ensues...hoping it goes by blessedly fast, but let's be real, it's probably going to seem to move in slow motion!!

19 comments:

Lj82 said...

What a beautiful Embryo! Hoping for a fast two weeks and a positive outcome. :)

What a beautiful boy you have.

Esperanza said...

Yay! I'm so glad all went well. I hope that little embie is snuggle deep, getting ready for the long haul!

RaisingCain said...

I love how you get a picture of the embryo! So very cool. Good luck and enjoy being PUPO!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures! I hope you'll be a family of four soon.

Stephanie said...

That is a beautiful looking embryo! I have great feelings about it too! Glad to hear the trip as a whole is going well, you are getting some good snuggles with your boy, and get to spend time with the donor family. Have safe travels home!

Brooke said...

Hoping that time flies by as quickly as possible, and you get big fat positive.

Em said...

Wiping away tears...so thrilled for you. What a beautiful embryo! And it's even hatching! How great is that?! Abiding with you in this...

Marianne said...

Fingers crossed!!!

Jen said...

Hoping that the 2ww flies by for you! I'm excited for you!!

One Who Understands said...

So excited for your little embryo! It sure looks like a good one. Fingers crossed it stays put for the next 38 or so weeks!

Augusta said...

So happy and excited for you! I am holding my breath for this beautiful embryo to nestle in for the next 8.5 months (yes, as much as I wish you to be pregnant with this FET, I also wish you to experience a full term pregnancy).
Love the pic of you and Ian (and little embie) snuggling in bed. So sweet!

Unknown said...

That embryo looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!

Jess said...

What a perfect little embryo. Praying that you get a BFP!!

myinfertilitywoes said...

So excited for you. I'll be thinking good thoughts in the coming weeks.. And I just love that pic of you and Ian in the bed!

Bec said...

New reader here, I came across from Mo's blog. Just wanted to wish you luck for the 2ww and hope you are successful. Embryo donation is fabulous, and that little embie is a good looker!

Anonymous said...

that is one cute picture of mom and ian and one great looking embryo! wishing you te best of luck and looking forward to an update! hope the 2ww is going fast!

Tiffany said...

omg, i've missed so much. i'm sorry. i hope the next week goes by so quickly and you get a glorious bfp!

- Mrs. D said...

Thinking of you and sending your little embryo lots of "sticky" thoughts! Take care of yourself!

Roccie said...

Welcome home! Oh I have so much hope for you!!

Post a Comment