Thankfully my lab work and ultrasound went well this morning.
My uterine lining is up to almost 10mm so everything is a go for our embryo
transfer next week!!! We’ll be flying out early next Wednesday and transfer
will take place the afternoon of Thursday, March 14th. In terms of
medication protocol I’m continuing with the current nightly Lupron injections
and Estrace pills until Saturday at which time we’ll be adding in Doxycycline
twice a day, Medrol once a day and the dreaded Progesterone injections once a
day until transfer. Not going to lie, I’ve been wincing at the thought of those
Progesterone injections since the big box of meds arrived. Although I do remember
in the past when I had to do them that once I was into the routine it wasn’t as
bad, but ugh, I do recall how much they hurt and how tender the injections
sights get after repeated daily poking. After the transfer I’ll continue just
the Estrace pills and the nightly Progesterone injections until the pregnancy test.
A week out I’m feeling more
positive about our delay in the cycle. I know I would have wondered if it didn’t
work out whether it was because we needed that additional week to plump up the
uterine lining and the estradiol levels, and now I know we’ve given it our best
and hopefully our little embryo will find my uterus to be a lovely hospitable
home and decide to stick around for the long haul. We were disappointed that we
had to change our original length of time while in the Northeast. When we
called to change our flights the cost was substantially higher to leave on
Sunday vs. Saturday, so unfortunately we’ll get far less time to spend with our
donor family. But with the already additional cost of changing the tickets, the
extra monitoring appointment today and the uncertainty of whether we’ll need to
do more treatment cycles in the near future, if this one doesn’t work we just
couldn’t justify the higher expense.
Also, for those of you who have
experienced loss, you’ve got to check out this post by Brooke. It really
resonated with me as I’ve had so many of the same feelings lately. I’ve seen
and heard several people recently talk about how people make too big a deal
about pregnancy and that it’s such a normal process, but for those of us who
have coped with the loss of a baby it is not. Unfortunately, it is a process
that is full of fear & worry, and I wish so much that I could be one of
those people who didn’t know all that could go terribly wrong, who could be so nonchalant
about eating, drinking and being as physically active as I’d like while
pregnant. But those days are long gone for me. I know this is a tight rope act
of walking between hope and fear, and although I’m ready to balance this
possible pregnancy as best I can, I wish that others could understand the
courage and strength it takes to carry a baby after loss. It is a constant
battle between your fear of the past and your attempt to embrace this life you
are carrying with joy. It is far from simple.
So off we go next week to pick up
another of our donor embryos and potential newest family member. It’s exciting
and anxiety provoking all in one, but I’m trying my best to focus on the positive
and hold hope for what may be to come. One step at a time, as I’m sure I’ll be
reminding myself of frequently in the future!















5 comments:
10 is great! so exciting! keep us updated and we will be here cheering for you!
You will absolutely be in my prayers over the coming weeks - for a sweet time with your donor family, for safe travels, and especially for a positive pregnancy test at the end of this transfer.
Those progesterone injections are the worst. Andrew was working nights after our IVF so I had to wake him up during the day to give me the shot. Most of the time, he'd want me to leave the lights off so he wouldn't fully awaken and struggle to get back to sleep. It was a little nerve-wracking to have a half-awake guy giving me these shots in complete darkness. Once, he took the needle out and handed it to me half-full, so he had to re-poke me. I wasn't too happy about that one. Anyways, I hope that somehow, someway, they're less painful for you than they were the first time around.
Good luck!! I will be thinking about you guys and hoping for an easy transfer, lots of rest and relaxation, some time with your donor family, and safe travels.
Praying for you Rebecca. I am dreading the PIO shots too. I look forward to following you this week! ((hugs))
Our FET is a week from Wednesday. : )
Good luck to you!! Don't forget that you can do Endometrin instead of PIO. That's what I did most of the time.
Post a Comment