Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The home test says...


So as with the last two times we’ve gone through treatment, it was my husband that just couldn’t wait any longer and encouraged me to POAS a few days before our blood test. A close friend who works at a clinic was able to get me a freebie pregnancy test, and Sunday morning we took the first test…and sure enough as you can see it was light but there was definitely an extra line! (Two lines is positive)

 

The whole testing at home thing always has me SO nervous. I almost felt like I was going to be sick before we looked at the results of this test! And then of course I start second guessing, worried that because the line was faint it might not be right, and so I tested again Tuesday morning and saw another faint but definite line.

Needless to say, I really am looking forward to the reassurance of the hCG blood test Thursday morning so I can feel a bit more confident that things are as they should be at this stage. We’re going to be traveling for the Easter weekend so I’ll post if I’m able to get the results back soon enough Thursday, and if not will when we return home.

I think it’s time to break out that copy of Franchesca’s book CelebratingPregnancy Again to help get me in a positive mindset! I really want to embrace this pregnancy with joy and not let fear dictate my mind. So much of Ian’s pregnancy was filled with worry and concern about all that can go wrong, and while I know it can’t be completely wiped from my mind I want to enjoy this pregnancy more and lean more towards hope than fear. One step at a time. I’m celebrating this first milestone and really, really hoping for many more and, my goodness, hoping for a full term pregnancy this time! Is that too much to ask?!?!

23 comments:

Aislinn said...

Congratulations!

Lara said...

Wonderful! Congrats!

Marianne said...

Oh so happy for you!!

waiting and wishing said...

So happy for you!

Esperanza said...

I was just thinking if you and wondering if it was time to test. SO EXCITED TO SEE THAT SECOND LINE! I hope you find away to lean more toward hope than fear. I'm attempting that myself. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness...That is exciting!!! And it is absolutely not too much to ask...sending you lots of love and joy!

tireegal68 said...

Wow!!! That went really fast!!!! Congrats!!!! That lovely embie is a winner!!! You're giving me hope for my own single embryo transfer!!! I must check out that book you're talking about. Susan says congrats! Xoxo

Hillary said...

Congratulations!! What awesome news!!

xoxox

Stephanie said...

Aww, I am so happy for you! I love that your husband gets so excited and anxious to test at home. Sending positive thoughts your way that you have a great beta # on Thursday!

Justine L said...

WHOOOP!! *hugs* to you ...

Tiffany said...

congrats!

Augusta said...

Wooohoooo!!!I'm so happy to read about your good news! I'm pulling for a strong beta, a 9-month- and fear free (or fear-reduced, let's be realistic) pregnancy.

Comforting Grace said...

A line is a line! Congrats!! :)

Carli said...

Congratulations! I hope the Beta results are nice and strong!

Alyssa said...

Congrats! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby for you and your family!

Jen said...

Yay!!! A line is a line!!! Congrats!

xoxo

Chelle said...

Yay!! Congrats!
So happy for you!

Kacey said...

Wow congratulations!!! It's truly wonderful news! Good luck on Thursday and for keeping a positive outlook on this pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! this is so great!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, congratulations!

Adele said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This is lovely news.

Em said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Thrilled for you...absolutely thrilled. But I still totally get that it's not official til it's official. And side note...that is one intense pee stick.

cheapest rs gold said...

Wooohoooo!!!I am consequently pleased to find about the nice thing about it! I'm taking for a solid experiment with, the 9-month- as well as worry no cost (as well as fear-reduced, let's be sensible about) having a baby.
Buy RS 2007 Gold
Rs To Gold
World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen Billig

Post a Comment