Tuesday, March 12, 2013

And we're off...


Our bags are packed, we’re ready to go!!! Those of you who have been following me for a long time might remember a special charm our donor family gave me before our first FET. A necklace with a charm that said hope, which she wore for her IVF cycle and I subsequently wore for Ian’s FET. Though I’m not particularly superstitious, I do feel like there is a reverence and importance attached to tradition and faith (and okay a little luck might be mixed in there as well!). So I’ll be wearing that hope charm again for this FET, this time with my angel wing charm in remembrance of Lily and Ian’s birthstone. It’s a symbol of all that brought us to this transfer and the hope we hold for the future.



Thank you to everyone for your encouragement, prayers and support as we go into this transfer. Our flight will be leaving early tomorrow morning, and transfer is set to occur Thursday afternoon! I loved this quote when I saw it on Pinterest and feel like it’s appropriate as love is really the thing that’s gotten us through all of the whirlwind ups and downs of the last few years and given us strength in the darkest days. The love we have for Ian and the embryos waiting for us is what gives us courage to move forward in spite of the past. 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

will be thinking positive thoughts for you! wishing you the best of luck!!!

Room for More said...

Praying my friend!!

Brooke said...

Beautiful quote and beautiful necklace. Wishing you all the best.

Kacey said...

What a lovely gift from your donor family. Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming FET!!!

Jess said...

Praying!!!!

Esperanza said...

Keeping all appendages crossed for you!!!! Good luck!

Jen said...

Praying!! I can't wait to see an update!! xo

Hillary said...

Prayers for everything to go smoothly! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!!

xoxox

Jessica said...

Sending you lots of love, luck and support as you take this next big step!

I love that you are wearing this necklace again and especially love the charms for Lily and Ian! It really is the embodiment of hope and all of its facets...hope for the future, hopes shattered and hopes realized. So beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you friend! Hope everything goes well and you come back with a wonderful update!

Chelle said...

Praying for you!!!

Anne said...

You and Nick will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!

Aislinn said...

I just recently found your blog and read through all of your old posts. I'm thinking of you, Nick and Ian in these next few days and I hope that everything goes smoothly.

Allison said...

Praying for you! xoxo

Em said...

I am just FULL of excitement for you. I cannot wait to hear how everything goes. Saying a prayer for you and for those precious little embryos. Stick, babies, stick!!!

Post a Comment