A fellow blogger who has been through loss and is now beginning the journey of pregnancy again inspired me to focus on the hope and try not to allow the fear of what could happen to be my main focus. I’d highly recommend stopping over to Riding the IVF Rollercoaster so you can read this beautifully written post in its entirety, but I had to share my favorite part. She said, “Whether the tears that come when this pregnancy ends are because of joy or despair, it is love that will cause them. So I tried to concentrate on that rather than the fear.” Reading those words made so much sense to me. No matter how this pregnancy ends, whether it be with a healthy beautiful baby or before it should, there will be tears of love for this child and that is ultimately what I need to hold to. The love and hope with which this life was created and all that it holds for the future.
Lastly, it is with great joy that I ask you all to stop over and celebrate with Trinity from Three is a Magic Number as she just welcomed her long awaited son into this world! She & I started out this journey together and she has been an amazing friend and support to me over this past year. I am filled with happiness for her and feel hope that this time the universe got it right. Congratulations my lovely friend, enjoy your newest hard earned title!















35 comments:
congrats on passing another milestone. ♥ hope the rest come quickly and painlessly.
such beautiful words spoken (er, written) by your friend.
and thank goodness the universe is now handing out joyful news. hoping there is more where that come from ♥
Congrats on a fantastic beta! Really strong numbers :) I can't wait to hear about your u/s lovely. And I am happy you got this amazing Christmas gift!
Congrats on your great numbers!
Yayyyyy! Fingers remain crossed. Try to enjoy it! <3
Congrats on a rocking awesome 2nd Beta!! That is what we were all hoping for!!
I hope this isn't too nosy, but I am curious. I think you said the donor family reads your blog...but are you keeping an open dialogue with them to let them know you are PG now?
I will be praying for a wonderful ultrasound on the 29th!!
Congrats! What great news!
Thanks guys, your words of encouragement & support mean more than you all can possibly know!
@ Jeanna - yes, we are absolutely in an open relationship with our donor family. They are the most incredible family & we feel so blessed to be sharing this journey with them. We have met in real life a couple of times and frequently e-mail, also our donor mother started her own blog recently! Stop on over and check her out at...
http://iloveyouthismuch-shelly.blogspot.com/
You'll get just a little glimpse into what an amazing person she is and why we love them so much!
WONDERFUL*WONDERFUL*WONDERFUL!!!! You have a little something on it's way to you.
It fills my heart to the brim to read your good news, Rebecca. I can't even describe it properly. I'm so happy for you. And I'm crying here after reading your post and then your donor mother's post of excitement at your positive hpt last week. What an amazing experience of love this is. The giving, the receiving, the hoping. I think you are turning me into a believer of miracles.
Sending you hugs, my dear friend. Thank you for your sweet message on my blog yesterday. Your comments always warm my heart so much. Thank you for being my friend. xox
How wonderful that you've passed another milestone!
I'm a bit jealous - my ovum is from an anonymous donor, so I don't even know if she knows it works. It's hard not to be able to thank her. The clinic was happy to forward a card we wanted to send to her after the transfer, but it's really difficult not to thank someone for something so enormously generous.
Here's to many more successfully passed milestones!
Yay on these numbers! I'm sure Dec 29th can't come quick enough :)
Thanks for all your support this week! Don't know why I'm so down but your words really helped. Thanks for the awesome hug! Right back at you ;)
Your numbers are great! I am hoping time flies for you as you wait for that ultrasound. So happy for you, Rebecca!
So, so wonderful! I read tasivfer's news today, too, and am so filled with joy for you both! What a gift!
Excellent number! Congratulations! the one thing that does not make sense: either I am 5w5d not 5w4d or you are 5w1d not 5w2d. One of our clinics miscalculated the gestational age, and I thought it might be mine, but they insist that they are right, because they do the "calculated LMP" by subtracting 14 from the day you started the progesterone, so for me Nov25 minus 14=nov11. I had my transfer on Monday and you on Thursday, both 5d blastocysts, so we should be 3 days apart not 2. Something doesn't make sense to me. If you get it, maybe you can tell me, 'cause I am confused. Anyway, this is great great news!!!
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news of beta #2! I love the quote about tears of love, thanks for linking to those 2 other blogs. I hope you all havea wonderful Christmas and the most perfect 2011.
@MrsH: Actually, our clinic hasn't given us a due date, but here's how I calculated:
Transfer on December 2 of a 5d blast, so fertilization occurred on Nov. 27 (if it wouldn't have been frozen). 2 weeks before that (LMP) would be Saturday, November 13, so we've been using that as our date.
No need to worry about a day difference though. Only 5% of babies are born on their due date, and 70% are born after the due date. Don't sweat the small stuff :)
I am so excited about your numbers! I will be sending prayers your way for the 29th! I am just thrilled for you! <3 <3 Thank you for sharing your friends' links. Who ever thought the journey to parenthood would be so difficult?! Hugs to you!
Congrats!! What a journey you have been through. I will be following you..you are such an inspiration. I have never heard of this process..I will recommend this process..I was crying with anger the other day because I was communicating with someone who couldn't afford a second IVF cycle after a miscarriage. This seems like avenue she may want to look into. Thank you for sharing your story..
Oh Rebecca I am so overjoyed at your news. Indeed your friend is right - whatever happens it all comes down to love. My attitude has been whatever will be will be and at these early stages there is nothing any one can do. I just have to have faith. I pray that this is a happy and healthy pregnancy for you.
I'm so glad to read those nice, high numbers! Yes, it's a precarious time. But you are meeting and making those milestones beautifully. And those are lovely words about love causing whatever tears may be (hoping so very, very hard that they will be only joyful ones).
Hooray for your good beta!
I think that the anxiety is a little easier in the beginning, especially if things are going well, just because of the sheer fact that there's not really much they can do to fix anything or prevent the worst. (I'm pretty sure I even wrote something similar, like, "I have no control over how this goes, so I'm going to try to relax and enjoy this pregnancy because we have no idea how long it will last.") Nice thoughts in theory, but in reality, for me...it hasn't really worked out that way, the closer you get to when things went wrong the last time, and the closer you get to "viability"...it gets hard to relax. Even though I know there are still lots of things that can go wrong, I'm hoping that the third trimester will be pretty easy mentally, because this 2nd trimester makes me feel like a nutcase most days.
Anyway, sorry for all of my blabbering, I'm so glad that your beta went well and I can't wait to hear about your first ultrasound!
That is wonderful news!
Hi, I stopped by for ICLW, however, I have been following you for a little while. Congrats on your great beta!!!
I didn't realize that Shelly is your EA donor. I read her blog!! She is great!! She speaks so highly of you as well (on her blog.) I am a mother thx to ivf and am planning on doing another ivf cycle this March. We have decided to place our remaining embryos for adoption. It is great to read EA succes stories, from both the placing parents and the adoptive families. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.
Congrats!!
Congratulations.
I have to say that I'm a big believer in focussing on the moment, the right now. Now you're pregnant, tomorrow can't be seen but right now you're on track to be bring a living breathing bubba home.
Revel in it!!
~Happy ICLW~
#14 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
~May your Christmas be filled with Peace~
~And your New Year with Hope~
Yay for good numbers!! I know I always had a hard time feeling ... comfortable. First I'd be completely on edge until I saw the heartbeat... and then, once I hit 12 weeks I could take a bit of a deep breath. Then once I hit 24-25 weeks and "viability" I could take another small deep breath. Once 30 weeks hit it was a little sigh... and on forward each week until birth and I could never relax until I was holding that baby in my arms. It's hard, but it's good to at least try and focus on the hope and the good and try not to think of how IF and loss clouds your mind, because there is no innocents in all of it anymore, you know way to much to just be free ...
Happy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
that is a great beta!!! I have been following you for a while now, after everything you have been though, I am so happy for you!!!
Happy ICLW
#50
Yay!!!!! See you soon!!! No wine for you this Christmas! ;)
Congratulations - this is wonderful!!!
Congrats on a great 2nd beta and happy ICLW!
i am so happy to hear more good news!
Merry Christmas.
Thanks for sharing that beautiful quote from a fellow blogger. That is so true. I like the quote, "love is never wasted" by Neil A. Maxwell. We can spend our time being fearful or not allowing ourselves to reach out and love, or when we love someone and things don't work out, we must never feel that is was for naught. I think of how much we have all grown and changed for the better for having loved Lily and you. You are so right to focus on loving your little baby instead of letting fear and doubt overwhelm you.
Haven't heard from you in a couple of days!
Happy ICLW #95
Here from ICLW :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. And congrats on your great beta!! I'll be keeping you, your hubs, your angel and your new miracle in my prayers. Best wishes.
Congrats! Those are awesome numbers and who could ask for better news right before Christmas! By this time next year, Christmas will be much more chaotic!!!! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy and a very beautiful little sibling for Lillian.
Here from ICLW. Congrats on the pregnancy and the awesome numbers! I too have been through loss (multiple ones) and definitely know that fear is going to be a part of the next pregnancy, whenever that happens. So those words of your blogger friend really helped, thank you.
Post a Comment