Oddly enough it was my husband who was dropping not-so-subtle clues this weekend that he’d love it if I’d POAS (pee on a stick). I was happily living in my in between place, hopeful that a positive result would await us at the end of the 2ww, but terribly frightened of a BFN which caused me to think it would be better to wait just in case. Well, as you can probably guess at this point, I gave in after all and decided to POAS Saturday morning. I was terrified to go look, but was thankfully met with those elusive two beautiful lines! And just to be thorough I took another test on Sunday morning and was again met with this lovely response…
I have my first beta draw on Thursday so hopefully we’ll get a good strong number that continues to increase. We’re cautiously optimistic at this point. As we learned the hard way during my last pregnancy, we have many, many milestones to pass before bringing home a healthy live baby, but as the Chinese proverb says, “
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
Those of you who know us IRL, please no comments on fb...we have a long ways to go before we'll be announcing it in that arena!
60 comments:
Rebecca, you have made my day with this news! I am thrilled. And, yes. You know best of the many steps to come. But this one? This one is a biggie. Without this one, the others can't follow.
I'm so glad. Finally, a little justice in the world.
I am so happy for you and will say lots of prayers for the upcoming journey!
So happy to see this post tonight! I'm always so excited to read about the beginnings of rainbow babies. As you said, there are many milestones, but this is the first big one. I'll be thinking of you during your journey and look forward to reading updates!
oOMG! You have such a fertile uterus! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear those beta #s!!! Yay! How amazingly exciting! And what a year!
Yes, yes, yes! So happy for you both. Praying for an amazing beta level!
What amazing news!! I just turned to my husband and said God has answered another prayer!! So amazing!! Congrats!! I will be sending lots of beta doubling dust your way!
We are singing praises tonight with you! And we are praying for good numbers and great milestones!
CONGRATS!!!
Woohoo! Congratulations!!!!!
Oh, what happy news! I was thinking of you all weekend, wondering if not hearing anything meant bad news. I'm so glad to see that beautiful picture of two very clear lines! YAY! I'm keeping all appendages crossed for a happy and healthy nine months.
I've been wondering about you! Let me warn you now, these rainbow baby pregnancies are TOUGH TOUGH stuff- I totally underestimated how hard it would be. I'm so glad you got a BFP and my fingers are crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months!
Are they going to be monitoring you closely for incompetent cervix this time?
Totally understand about facebook, we didn't announce there until almost 17 wks, so there weren't many people who didn't know by then.
Congratulations! Yes, a long way to go, but a great first step! :-D
Congrats!!
Sorry, for some reason I thought it was IC but I'm glad you don't have to worry about that. I'm glad they will be monitoring you closely, I have found that close monitoring is more reassuring than anything else.
Hang in there!
:) Thinking of you guys as you begin this journey. Mucho mucho love to you.
Yahoo! I'm so happy for you!
Yay! Such wonderful news! Congrats!
Awwww. Congrats girl! I know all too well how scary a subsequent pregnancy can be after a loss. It's a rough 9 months cause you worry the whole time but I stand here now and tell you IT'S WORTH IT!
Yes!!!!!congratulations cycle buddy!
AAHHHHHH!!! So excited for you both!!!!!! Congrats!!!! Praying for a healthy and happy 9 months!!!
What wonderful news! I know it is scary but do your best to enjoy this too!!! Congratulations!
One of the most low key but welcome BFPs I've seen in a long time!!! Fantastic! With you hoping those baby steps keep on moving forward ( to mix a metaphor!)
As I write, I am crying tears of joy for you! You and your husband deserve this so much. I will keep you all in my prayers. Lots of hugs!!
Congratulations Rebecca! I will be keeping you all in prayers these next 9 months just as you have done for so many others! {hugs}
I've been thinking of you all week. Nothing but prayers coming your way from me! One day at a time.
Rebecca- This makes me so happy and so hopeful, but I agree one step at a time. Though this is a VERY exciting first step. It gives me lots of hope for my own donor embryo situation, that it can indeed happen. And besides that, I am happy for you to have a little joy enter your life once again- that you so deserve! But, we will take it one step at a time. First step- good, solid beta.
Yay, yay, yay on this 'mini'-milestone that still seems so huge. But I can completely understand the hesitancy...
Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing more on Thurs! Hugs!!
What a great step it is!
Yayyy. What wonderful news!
you know i'm beyond thrilled for you guys. i will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers (as i always have done) for the next 10 mo. 2011 is your year girl! xoxo
Yippeeeee!!!! I am so happy for you, Rebecca! Praying that this is the first step on a healthy, happy journey! Those two lines are so beautiful!
Congrats! I'll be praying for you ((hugs))
Yay! Here's hoping this is just the first of many, many joyful days to come. So very happy for you.
I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear the beta results. :)
I couldn't be happier for you. KMFX for a strong beta and a healthy, happy pregnancy.
-latebloomer13
Congrats!!! We're all happy for you. Sending prayers for a healthy pregnancy. <3 <3 <3
So wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping and praying for a great beta level on Thursday!
Congrats! Praying for good numbers and nice & smooth journey!
Congratulations to you both!!! Praying for a great pregnancy. ((HUGS))
Yes, Yes, YESSS!!!!!!!!
TWO LINES! I'm teary over here. :) (And also finally breathing, since I held my breath through reading your entire post.) Wow, Rebecca! I want this so badly for you, my friend. I am praying for a gorgeous beta! A big, squishy hug to you!
Rebecca,
Congrats!!! You're right--this is only one many, many steps, but a great first one. Wishing you good luck along the way!
Awesome news! congratulations :)
Congrats!! LOVE 2 LINES!!! :0)
xoxoxo
Congratualations! Sending BIG HUGS your way!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I will be sending prayers your way! <3 <3 <3
Congrats! So happy for you!
yay, yay, yay! sticky sticky sticky! woo hoo! I was wondering if you could hold out till Thursday. I'm glad you didn't.
Congratulations!! I have been thinking and praying for you this week... I am so thrilled for you! Here's to your betas going sky-high! ((Hugs))
Awesome!! Congrats Rebecca! So excited for you guys. Praying for a healthy pregnancy & healthy baby!
Thank you for remembering us last week. It was so sweet of you to send us a card. Congrats again! Take care!
I think I read your post 3 times today, but since I was at work, I kept closing the browser for fear that someone would walk into my office at the moment I'd be leaving you a comment. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! is what I've been wanting to say all day. I am thrilled. I understand that you need to stay cautiously optimistic, but if you'll allow, I'm going the exuberant route. It feels very mild, very incomplete to say this (but I can't come up with better words right now): I am SO happy for you. I am thrilled!
How amazing!!!!
Joy!
Joy to the world!
Ooo nice first baby step! So Happy for you!
Oh Rebecca, I can't imagine the anxiety, relief, joy, and then anxiety again you must've felt. I am so happy for you. As you said, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a thousand steps"--Hang in there. just take one step at a time. I am holding my breathe and vicariously taking these steps with you, as I am sure the rest of your readers are doing as well.
Wish I could give you a big hug right now and then take you out to celebrate.
Oh, Rebecca! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months and beyond!! Much love to you!
SOOOO HAPPY for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of love and prayers!!!!
wow, i feel so bad that i didn't get here earlier! i am SO excited for you!!
can't wait to follow along.
xoxo
lis
Congratulations!!! What wonderful news!!!
I'm SO excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear about those rising betas :)
Post a Comment