To those of you stopping by for ICLW, welcome! And those of you who are wondering “what the heck is ICLW,” here is a quick run down. ICLW stands for International Comment Leaving Week, but if you say it aloud, doesn’t it sounds like “I come; [but] leave [as a] we”? And that’s sort of the point. Blogging is a conversation, and comments should be honored and encouraged. So by all means join the conversation!
A quick synopsis of our journey to this point…my husband & I discovered at the end of last year IVF was our only chance at conceiving a biological child, so in January of this past year we underwent our first round of treatment. We were incredibly lucky to get our first ever BFP with that first round of treatment. We enjoyed a blessedly uneventful pregnancy until 23wks into my pregnancy when, sadly, I went into preterm labor as a result of an asymptomatic infection. Our beautiful daughter Lillian Grace was born and passed from this world shortly after. After a lot of soul searching regarding our options (along with some pretty random divine intervention), we are now in the process of pursuing an open embryo adoption with the most incredible donor family. It’s been a pretty crazy year to say the least! This coming Monday, the 25th, also marks Lily’s due date, a day as you can imagine that will be filled with emotion; more to follow on that later.
Thankfully checked off some more of the checklist leading up to our embryo adoption FET in December this morning. My RE completed the mock transfer, a transvaginal ultrasound, and one last required sonohystogram this morning, plus the required blood work! Everything went smoothly and there was only one small concern in that she noticed a follicle/cyst measuring about 16mm on one of my ovaries. She felt this was nothing to be concerned about in regards to affecting our FET, but said the donor family’s clinic may decide they’d like another ultrasound to ensure we’re a go for transfer closer to the time. And since donor clinic is running the show we’ll wait to see what they would like once they review the results from today. Getting closer and closer to this all being a reality very soon! We’ve also completed our adoption home study and the contract with the attorney, so really at this point just a matter of whether another ultrasound will be needed and then we’ll start the drug protocol once we’re closer to our tentative FET of December 2nd!
A mixture of emotions fill us as we move closer to the FET; on one hand I’m so excited to be hopefully pregnant again soon, and on the other hand being pregnant again is terrifying for obvious reasons. These are a couple of quotes that I’ve taken comfort in and that have renewed my hope, and honestly after everything we’ve experienced in this past year I’m more confident than ever that we can handle whatever comes our way. Hope they bring a little encouragement and hope your way as well!
“To grow, to be reborn, one must remain vulnerable--open to love but also hideously open to the possibility of more suffering.” ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ~Anais Nin
Lastly, please show some love to my very dear real life friend Tiffany who I mentioned in my last couple blog posts. She & her husband got the news today that their son’s death is being ruled a result of SIDS. This has been an unimaginably difficult week for them, and although knowing the truth is good, it is also difficult to hear and adds to the finality of all that has happened to forever alter their lives.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















25 comments:
What an incredible journey~
ICLW #26
I continue to follow your blog, as I can not WAIT for the great things to come! Thinking of you...
What a long and winding road you've been on. I'm hoping and praying the road gets a little straiter now and you your FET goes as planned.
I'm glad that the appointment went well today and that you are ready for the FET in December. It sounds like the RE wasn't too concerned about the follie and I hope that can put your mind to rest.
The two quotes you put are so powerful. You embody their message with how you live your life Rebecca.
I'm very sad for your friend. I hope they find peace and healing.
Hugs to you.
My official comment: I love those quotes...so true, so true. And you are a pillar of strength and hope for so many. I wish you nothing but the best for the FET. fingers and toes are crossed!
I love these quotes ... and can so identify with them. Good thoughts for this next leg of the journey ... we'll be cheering you on every step of the way!
I will be thinking of you, your husband and Lillian on the 25th. I just passed my due date, on Oct 14th, and the anticipation was worse than the actual. I hope you find some peace that day and can spend some time with Lillian.
Thanks for sharing those quotes. They are helpful.
I'm so happy for you and the start of your new journey.
Beautiful quotes.
Happy ICLW week, Rebecca. I'll be rooting for you with this FET. I can relate to the fears about moving ahead for fear of loss, and I know just how brave you have to be to forge ahead!
Good luck with your FET! And the diagnosis of SIDS just sucks... it really isn't an explanation. That is the offical diagnsis for our Nora - we are guessing it was a weird heart thing - but they can't confirm.
I am going to be thinking of you Monday, and I certainly holding your friend in my heart as well. Your FET is approaching quickly! Yay!
I'll be thinking of you on Monday.
Your blog is really lovely, and I really appreciated the quotes you added at the end. They are very inspiring and comforting! Best of luck on your FET!
You have been through so much and yet you are such an amazing person and I don't even know you. I will be keeping you in my prayers often and you continue this journey. Tiffany and her family will also stay in my prayers. IDK why but I was very much broken hearted by her loss and given what I do for a living I deal with losses on a regular but her story truly broke my heart, and she and her family stay on my mind. I finally was able to get into her blog yesterday (I hate ppl that leave rude comments and it's happened to me before so I don't blame her) and I cried my eyes out. I know she will get through this, we all do, but I was just so hurt for her. continued prayers to the both of you. Both of you are amazing strong women, you will be blessed.
Happy ICLW and many congrats on the upcoming FET! I do hope all goes well.
My heart hurts terribly for your dear friend and I pray that her heart heals quickly. I can't even imagine...
http://mom2reagan.blogspot.com/
I'm so glad you had a good appointment, and glad to hear that the cyst doesn't sound like a big deal (but hope nonetheless that it ceases and desists ASAP!).
I'll be thinking of you Monday, dear Rebecca. I like the AML quote, especially.
I am looking forward to following your story. My breaks for your loss and for the loss your friend Tiffany has suffered. Suffering is so hard to understand.
Blessings,
Emby
As Augusta said, you're clearly embracing the message of the two quotes you chose. Pain is the risk we take when we live and love, and you're putting yourself out there with both trust and understandable trepidation. I wish you much joy on this journey, and I look forward to following it in this space.
Thank you for dropping by my space, too.
Be well,
Michelle
(ICLW #15)
You have been in my thoughts this whole week as I knew Lily's due date was approaching. You embody those 2 quotes you shared. They are so true, so painfully true. Suffering will continue to come into our lives, but if we are so closed and bitter towards it, when love and happiness comes around, (which it will) we won't realize it. You continue to inspire me to forge ahead and meet my challenges head on.
((hugs to you, your hubby, and your sweet angel in heaven))
I look forward to following you in your FET journey! I am so sorry for both you & your friend's loss.
I am so glad that the embryo adoption is moving ahead so smoothly. I can only imagine all of the emotions you have about Dec. 2! I am so excited and hopeful for you and your husband. I will be sending you my thoughts and prayers! The two quotes that you posted are perfect!
I will also be sending my love to you and beautiful Lily on Monday. Their due dates seem so surreal. What once seemed so far away suddenly approaches. I hope it is a gentle day for you and your husband. I know your little girl will be with you. <3
I will also be sending my prayers to Tiffany and her family. <3 <3 <3
Thinking about you all!
My fingers are crossed for you- its so scary to go on the road again- I understand that for sure- but I'm hoping hoping hoping that you will reach the finish line. You are in my thoughts.
ICLW
Wishing you peace on your daughter's due date and all the best for your upcoming adoption and FET. It can't be easy to be deal with both at the same time.
(Stopping by for ICLW)
I will send special prayers your way; I can't imagine how hard tomorrow will be, but I admire your fortitude. How amazing you and your husband are to not forget your beautiful girl, but to also move forward.
Praying for you today, Rebecca, and remembering your beautiful daughter. All my best to you as you prepare for this FET.
Post a Comment