Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ultrasound results are in…heartbeat confirmed!!!

We had our first ultrasound today & heard one perfect heartbeat!!! The doctor said the baby is measuring at 0.47cm which is right where it should be. He said that the second embryo did implant, but for whatever reason no baby developed. He felt everything looked very healthy right now & said he wants to see me back one last time in 2 weeks for another ultrasound before he refers me back to my OB/GYN. I’m continuing on the progesterone injections for another couple of weeks, small price to pay to ensure everything is okay. We were correct with our estimated due date, it is October 25th!

Here is a picture of the baby in my uterus (click to enlarge).  The large dark blob is the gestational sac, and the baby is measured between the dots in the picture below.

The baby’s heartbeat rhythm in the lower part of the picture… 

The best news besides the heartbeat that the doctor gave us…we asked what our chances of carrying the baby to term at this point were; he replied 97%!!! How we’re feeling right now…just about perfect, although I am feeling the need for a nap right about now :) 

28 comments:

Trinity said...

Awwww! Congrats, Rebecca! :)

Adele said...

Wonderful baby bean!! So glad to read this result and to see the living proof. Hope the nap is good:)

Jen said...

The most beautiful bean I have even seen!!!

Priscilla said...

YIPPY!!!!!!!! Such great, great news!!!!!! XOX

RaisingCain said...

You didn't get the 2 for 1 special, but I think you got something special anyway! Congrats! And I like the 97% odds - takes some stress away (a little). :)

Jade said...

You did it girl! Keep up the good baby growin' skills.

Leslie said...

Yeah for a wonderful u/s!!! I had my first one yesterday and was completely amazed!!! I am jealous that you are going back in two weeks - my RE has me waiting three! Congratulations to you!!

babyinterrupted said...

Woo hoo!! So glad to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news.

Mom said...

What a sweet little blessing from Heaven!!! Dad and I can't wait to meet our new grand-baby in October.

myinfertilitywoes said...

Yay!!! I can tell that with all the great, great news, you may be slightly disappointed about it not being 2, which I'm sure is ok to feel & express... I know you're likely trying to focus on the blessing you have but don't feel guilty or whatever in feeling that you wished it were 2. I would completely be feeling that in your case.

Anyway, so thrilled for you & nice comment from your mom! :)

Rachel said...

Congratulations again both of you!!! We are so excited and are thrilled to hear about one healthy baby!!! October is the perfect time of the year to welcome the little one!! The little bean looks perfect....can't wait to hear about the next ultrasound in a couple weeks!!! Congrats....love you!!!

Krista said...

Congrats!! So glad to hear the wonderful news, Rebecca. What a beautiful picture that is, indeed!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rebecca!!!!

Lisa

Ashley Keunen said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations!!!!! Mike and I are so happy for you guys! Love you!

favorite aunt said...

Praise God, i am so excited!!!! that's a perfect heart beat.i could hardly wait for 2:oo to come yesterday. i am doing the happy dance. hugs and kisses to the both of you

Tiffany said...

we are so super excited for you guys! i think i'm prob more excited now than i was when i found out that i was pg - lol. you guys are going to make wonderful parents and i'm so glad i get to share part of the pg journey with you. we'll chat soon! btw, your little gummy bear looks perfect!

Clare said...

Amazing - congrats! We are so so close together!

One Who Understands said...

Oh I am so happy for you! One good strong little baby. I wonder why the other little embryo didn't grow. Oh well, one baby is great!!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Very happy for you!

May there be only good news from here on out.

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah so so so exciting.Beautiful little one, I can't wait to get some pics next week too. We are close too, you, me, Clare and a few others how cool, God Willing October babies for us all!

Shop Girl said...

Very exciting...congratulations! I'm due on Oct 22 :)

Anonymous said...

So cool. congratulations!

Just Wishing and Hoping said...

Congratulations Rebecca. Thanks for your sweet note. I'm hoping I am just a few weeks behind you!

Jana said...

Awesome. Congratulations. Yahoooooo! Yippe! ((hugs))

tireegal68 said...

That's such great news! So happy for you! Can you believe how many IFers are pregnant right around the same time now?

Wendy said...

Hi - just stopping by to offer my congrats! I am in for another wait for my 1st u/s and although I've had good betas, I'm a nervous wreck! Reading blogs like yours have provided some hope and comfort! :)

The Swann's said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!! I am newly pregnant as well and completely understand the wonderful feeling of standing in front of "that" section in the bookstore... :-) Enjoy each day hun! I'm trying as well!

Post a Comment