Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Come Leave We...


IComLeavWe


Welcome ICLW ladies! For those of you are unfamiliar with ICLW, here is a little background…today begins the monthly commenting week where ladies in the IF blogosphere visit each other’s blogs to bring support, encouragement, & maybe even make some new friends in the process. This is all organized through the infertility blogosphere guru herself StirrUp Queens, for more info on how to get involved next month if you’ve never participated & for the list of participating bloggers see the link below…

http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2010/02/icomleavwe-march-2010/

So for those ICLW bloggers who are visiting my blog for the first time…a little background. My husband & I began our TTC journey a couple of years ago. We’ve been married for 7 years this May!! Of course as most naïve & happy couples begin their TTC journey we were excited & hopeful, sure that in just a few short months we’d be expecting. Fortunately we were blissfully unaware of the difficult road that awaited us. I tried taking my temperature every morning, charting, & acupuncture as our wait became longer, but none of these things resulted in a pregnancy. Finally my OB/GYN referred us to a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) as she said there was nothing more she could do for us. It was through our RE that we were informed in August of last year that our ONLY option for having a biological child would be through IVF/ICSI. We were shocked to say the least & it took us some time to process this as well as decide how we would like to proceed. Before we found out this news we both thought IVF was something we wouldn’t ever pursue, it just seemed too invasive, not to mention incredibly expensive, but we learned that when faced with that being our only option we felt differently. I truly believe it is a situation in which you don’t know how you & your partner would react unless you were put in that specific situation. So after a lot of soul searching & talking out our feelings we decided that we would attempt one round of IVF/ICSI & if we were unsuccessful we would move forward with adoption. We began our first round of IVF in January of this year & although it was quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster ride it was so completely worth it. We feel so incredibly blessed to have gotten our first ever positive pregnancy test & are both enjoying the hope that this pregnancy has brought us. As of tomorrow I will be welcoming in my 9th week of pregnancy & am excitedly anticipating all that our future holds.

Last night was actually another milestone for us on this IVF journey…it was my LAST progesterone injection!!! That’s right no more needles (at least at home), goodbye sharps containers, expensive med’s, & injections, although necessary for a time you will not be missed in the future!

Happy commenting ladies, welcome to my blog & have a wonderful ICLW week:)

13 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Congratulations! How exciting...if not the atypical path (but whose path "is" typical, really?)!

It's nice to meet you!

ICLW#29

Adele said...

Yay for no more progesterone madness!!! You've graduated into non-sore-tuchus territory:)

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW.

Congratulations on your pregnancy - and last progesterone injection! I'm in the middle of my first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle. Success stories like yours are exactly what I need right now!

Justine L said...

Congratulations and thanks for visiting! You've been brave about this ... I haven't made peace with going this route yet, but your story gives me hope. And I hope you're feeling better ... the carrot ginger muffins you may have seen on my blog are good for pregnancy. Actually, send me your address ... I have some tea for you. :)

Jess said...

YAY for no more PIO!!! I remember that day well!

Tiffany said...

congrats for no more progesterone!

Anonymous said...

It's my first ICLW, so nice to meet you! Congratulations on having your last do-it-yourself injection I dream of getting there one day myself.

Jana said...

Adios progesterone. Hey did u ever use emla cream?

K said...

Congratulations. I agree with your take on IVF. Once upon a time I thought I'd never do it, but as my options grew narrower my perspective changed. I'm glad it worked out for you though and I hope you will have a good pregnancy!

ICLW

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

ICLW #28

daega99 said...

Congratulations!!! I do hope you have a wonferful pg!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Chelle said...

Wow, what a blessing to get pg on your first round of IVF! Congratulations! Best wishes for a smooth, healthy pregnancy.

Basic Girl said...

Happy ICLW, and huge congrats on your pregnancy. I'm starting my first IVF and am hoping to be as lucky as you!! I love reading about success stories!! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

ICLW #105

Post a Comment