Ian was very feisty yesterday, which the doctors say is a good thing. Since he was tolerating the CPAP so well I got to hold him for the first time skin to skin which was about the only thing that really calmed him down yesterday. It was the most amazing moment, he got to lay on my chest for an hour and a half and it was such an incredibly peaceful comforting time for us both. It was by far my favorite moment since his birth and I look forward to our daily “kangaroo” time together! As long as he’s not having any complications they recommend 1 ½-2hrs of skin to skin time for us every day!!!
He was moved to an isolette to help maintain his body temperature better. This has been the plan for awhile, but they were short of isolettes initially, and then didn't want to move him with the chest tube in. He seems to really like his isolette as it’s much quieter and consistently warm as well.
Today, Ian and I are having another wonderful day together. The nurse was quite pleased to see me walk in this morning since holding momma's hand calms him down quite a bit. He hardly lets me leave his bedside. He’s such a momma’s boy already! This afternoon we met with a physical therapist who taught me infant massage and Ian LOVED it! It was so amazing for me to learn another physical thing that brings him comfort and calms him. Pumping has also been going so well, and thankfully, my supply has been increasing every day so we’re well ahead of what he needs in terms of quantity at this time. I’ve even gotten over 100mL in one pumping a few times. I love doing it as it’s one more physical thing I can provide for him and another step to helping him to grow stronger so that hopefully we’re able to actually breastfeed together some day soon. We’re going to head back up to the hospital tonight to enjoy some more time with our little man. Thank you all for the support, prayers, and love you’ve sent our way this past week; we are so thankful for all the progress Ian continues to make.















26 comments:
What a great update! I'll keep praying.
Grow Ian Grow! Praise God for such a wonderful blessing!
Lots of Love and continued prayers for your sweet new little guy
xoxoxo
WOW!! I'm so glad he's doing SO WELL!! I've been thinking of you all. ((HUGS))
LOVE this post!! So glad he is doing so good! Isn't kangaroo time simply the best?? I LOVED those precious moments with my A. Take plenty of pics & videos, cause when you blink a couple of times, he'll be 4 years old begging for every toy he sees on TV. Hugs to you & baby Ian!
P still loves kangaroo time...sometimes it is the only way he will sleep! He is doing so well and I am so happy too hear it!
Yeah Ian!!! How are you feeling Mom (other than filled with love for your sweet boy)?
What a blessing! I'm overcome, reading this ... the thought of you holding your little boy next to your skin, and how comforting that must be for him as he adjusts to this big bright world, makes me so, so happy for you. :)
So happy to hear that things are progressing!!!God Bless Ian!!
I will keep Ian in my prayers! So happy that he is making progress. I love that you get to bond with him and that your warmth and skin to skin contact soothes and calms him. What a beautiful miracle motherhood is!
This is such good news! I hope that Ian continues to grow and get even healthier!
welcome to the world Ian!
wishing you all continued health and luck.
xoxo
lis
Awesome! Glad to hear he is doing so well. Thank you for taking the time to update...I've been wondering how he's doing.
sending much love your way. all the best to you guys.
Continued love and prayers sent to you and your little man! You're doing great, mama! Doesn't producing milk feel - so good and productive!!!
I LOVE reading this blog. I rarely post comments, but I have to say the strength and calmness that comes across in the way you write is inspiring. Hugs and prayers to your family - it's awesome to see this little guy doing so well!
So much love and joy for you guys. Sounds like you had some really amazing moments with your tough little guy! I can feel your love and happiness in your words. I'm so so happy for you.
What a strong little boy you have! I am cheering Ian on and sending your entire family lots of love!
wonderful update, prayers are being sent for your wonderful little boy!!
I am so glad that you and Ian have had some sweet, special moments together! Reading about his progress makes me smile, I am so glad that he is progressing so well! Sending love!
I'm so happy that things are going well. YAY for skin time with your little man! One day at a time and I know he'll be just fine and home before you know it. Thinking of all of you and thank you for updating us on his progress.
Fantastic news! I hope he continues progressing quickly so he can be home with you soon!
This is wonderful! You remain in my prayers!
I am beyond thrilled to read about Ian's progress. He sounds strong and growing stronger every day. How wonderful that you have this kangaroo time together. What a blessing it must be. I keep all three of you in my thoughts and hope that you will be going home together within a few weeks.
Thanks for your warm comments on my blog. I want you to know that your comments mean a lot to me. I appreciate that during this very full time for you, you still find a way to leave me such kind comments. Thank you.
My son wanted to see Ian's video again...'More tiny baby Mommy"
So glad he is doing well. I know you don't know me but it does my heart good to know Ian is here.
Ahhh, I can only imagine that skin to skin moment, divine!
All sounds so great. Ian continues to be in my prayers.
Post a Comment