Love this quote so much…thank you to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope for sharing it on fb yesterday…
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ~Kahlil Gibran
Also had to share this incredibly moving article about the grief shared by these three men as each of them have experienced the loss of a child to stillbirth.
Will be reaching 9wks Saturday, another milestone accomplished...looking with hope towards double digits next!















23 comments:
Hi there & thanks for stopping by my blog. I just read Lillian's story and I am so very sorry. How terrifying it must have been for you to start having contractions on the road and away from home. And of course there is no heartbreak equal to that of losing our little girls.
I am so very pleased to see that you are pregnant again and am wishing you a very uneventful and full-term pregnancy. We want to see this new beautiful baby that you're stewing in there - but not for a very long time yet!
I love that quote. Thank you for sharing it. I'm going to post it on the wall in my office in my secret inspirational corner.
9 weeks -- YES!!! may they just keep passing by uneventfully... are you feeling well physically?
love the quote!
Love the quote. :) Congrats on 9 weeks, dearie! :) (And thanks for the sweet comment about Edison...you always seem to say the right thing.) XX
that is a perfect quote, i might have to steal it. Good to hear from you :)
I love Khalil Gibran. From the Prophet? Hooray for 9 weeks!
Beautiful quote. I am glad to hear that all is going along well for you and little one!! Thinking of you always! <3
Thanks for sharing that beautiful article.
Thank you for sharing that article, I loved it. My husband is a huge sports fan, so knew exactly who they all were. Its nice to read something about this from a "Dad's point of view". So many articles, and book are written by women.
Happy 9 weeks! Hope you are feeling well
What a truly beautiful quote, thanks so much for sharing. Congratulations on graduating, I will be holding you and your family close in my thoughts.
I just wanted to let you know that I have given you an award for your lovely blog. You just need to come and collect it from my blog.
Wishing you gentleness
9 weeks...unbelievable. You are doing great! Must seem like time is going so fast and standing still all at the same time.
Thanks for the article and the quote.
That's a beautiful quote. It gave me shivers. And nine weeks - I am so very glad.
Hi Rebecca - What an amazing quote, thanks for sharing it! I read a bit back through your journey. Crossing my fingers for you and I am incredibly happy for your good news!
yay! i need your email :)
xoxo
lis
I love the quote, AND I am super excited for each milestone you reach. YEAH! I hope you are well and keeping your spirits up, dear woman. You are in my thoughts always.
True words to remember. We are blessed to have lived what we have lived. We survived it and came out stronger.
(yippee for 9 weeks :)
Rebecca,
That is such a beautiful quote. I'd like to thanks you for stopping by my blog and commenting. I look forward to following you and your family on your journey! Woo Hoo for 9 weeks!!!!
Take care!
Kristy
Congrats on 9 weeks!!
BTW, I gave you an award on my blog! :)
What a great quote -- and congrats on the 9 week mark.
Stopping by from ICLW
WOw!! How exciting!! 9 weeks!!
You have an award on my blog!!
LOVED this article, I'm so glad it's making its way around all over the baby loss community but also the mainstream media as well. I gave you a blogger award- dealing with infertility and infant loss is a double blow and I wanted to share your website with my readers who may be dealing with the same thing. You write well on both subjects and what it means to live with both.
I wandered over from ICLW.
BEAUTIFUL quote.
Rebecca, I wanted to come again to say thank you ... though those words are hardly adequate for the gift you've given me, for inspiring me to persevere, for being a model of faith and hope in the face of darkness and despair. You are such an amazing woman and friend ... and I so wish I could hug you in person.
Post a Comment