One of my closest real life friends is scheduled to have her egg retrieval this morning, please stop by and wish her well. It has been a long road for her and her husband, and they are due for celebratory news.
Lastly, I wanted to share this beautiful poem that Franchesca posted earlier this week. It touched me so much, and I hope it does the same for others who read it for the first time.
A Different Child
by Pandora MacMillian
People notice
There's a special glow around you.
You grow
Surrounded by love,
Never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy
In your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimes
Between the smiles
There's a trace of tears,
One day
You'll understand.
You'll understand
There was once another child
A different child
Who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes
That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much
That different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
Is this life on earth.
One day, as a young man or woman
You may see another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them
With great compassion,
"I know how you feel.
I'm only here
Because my mother tried again.















31 comments:
Congrats, congrats, congrats on this milestone! So exciting that you are in double-digits. You are in my prayers! Can't wait to hear after your Tuesday appointment.
((Hugs!))
Happy 10 weeks, girl! Yay!
And, oh my, that poem gave me goosebumps... I am so moved and so proud of you and Nick for trying again.
XXX
Oh my God. That poem brought tears to my eyes. Gotta steal it! I'm sitting here crying! Absolutely beautiful! And congrats on being 10 weeks! You may want to buy one of those little dopplers to have at home. I had one both times and it really gives reassurance if you get scared. I'll post a pic on my blog for you.
OH MY GOODNESS! What a beautiful poem! I may have to share that on my blog as well. Hope you don't mind. SO many tears right now! I am so happy you are doing well Rebecca. Keep it up my friend. Love and light are yours to be had, no matter what comes your way.
XOXO
Thanks for sharing this beautiful post, and so glad things are going well.
Congrats on the double digits...definitely a milestone to celebrate!!! Thanks so much for sharing the poem...a tear jerker for sure!! I look forward to hearing about your appt. on Tuesday! Love you!!
Oh, this poem is beautiful..I am in tears reading it. I am glad that things are going well and I hope that they continue to. Good luck on Tuesday! Sending love your way!
So happy things are going well for you. Love the poem.
Congrats on being in double digits now! :)
Beautiful poem! <3
Congratulations on reaching a milestone! precious poem.
Glad to hear everything is going smoothly for you. Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.
That poem made me cry. So heart-breakingly beautiful. I'm so happy for you right now in all your 10 weeks of glory, and hope that this happiness continues.
Also, thanks for the shout out! It went well today.
Congrats on double digits! And what a great poem...
I am in tears right now. Thank you for posting this. How beautiful. Praying for you.
WOO HOO DOUBLE DIGITS! Thank you for the poem also..
LOVE the poem, Rebecca! Thanks for posting it. So glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. Thinking of you. :)
that poem just made me seriously cry. how sad and how beautiful!
congratulations on 10 weeks! I am sending lots of good luck for you apt on Tues.
I rented a fetal heart monitor from Heartbeats-at-Home for a couple of months (until I could feel movement consistently) for those times when I really needed reassurance.
congratulations on hitting the 10 wk mark. Enjoy listening to your little one's heartbeat on Tues. What a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing.
Yeah for 10 weeks. You will never get enough hearbeat fixes, they are just beyond amazing! That poem is beyond words. Congratulations to you my friend.
That's awesome you're at 10 weeks! I am excited about what's to come for you!
I do hope you enjoy reading So Close! Tertia's resolve is a great example for you of someone who went through something similar and came out on the other side more fulfilled than she ever imagined! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Congratulations on a beautiful 10 weeks!
Congratulations on 10 weeks! My heart is so happy for you. love- Sierra
Congratulations on entering double digits! Cheering you and your little one on! <3 <3 <3
10 weeks!!! I am sending lots and lots of good vibes your way. :)
Happy double digits!! :-)
Congrats on the Double digits!
Congratulations on hitting the ten week mark! I will be joining you on Wednesday!!
Congrats on 10 weeks! And that poem is heartbreaking and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it.
10 weeks is amazing! I am doing a little dance of joy over here. And that poem is so apt, so heart wrenching. Thanks for sharing.
Rebecca,
What a moving poem. And, congrats on 10 weeks.
Post a Comment