I’ve been feeling a bit of an emotional wreck at times this week; the infertility medications are doing their thing and causing me to feel out of sorts at times. I’m thankfully feeling a bit more myself today and hoping that holds.
Grief is so all consuming at times that I forget that others have been and continue to grieve with us for Lily. Although we lost a daughter, they too lost. They lost a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. And just as we are grieving in our own way they too are processing the grief of losing Lily. My father in law surprised us (in a good way) when he sent us a picture of the memorial tattoo he got in honor of Lily last weekend. Totally shocking! My nieces and nephews sent us pictures they had drawn and crafts they had made of butterflies in memory of Lily. My mother, mother in law, and I are all using our individual talents to create keepsakes for families experiencing similar losses. Our physical way of giving back, of loving Lily, and of honoring her by providing a small comfort and piece of love to grieving families.
| My first knitting project ~ a blanket for my local infant bereavement team |
This song reminded me of so many of you who have touched our lives this past year. The fellow IF & BLM bloggers who have walked with us over all that has occurred this past year. Our families and close friends who have stood with us in our joy and our sorrow. And our donor family who were led to us in an unexpected way that has most definitely changed all of our lives forever. I’m so thankful that each of you have come into our lives and for the support and love you have given. And Lily, even though we’ll never meet again in this lifetime, as the song says so much of me is made from what I’ve learned from you; because I knew you, I have been changed for good.















27 comments:
I am glad all is on schedule for you for the FET. We were able to have our transfer last week and everything went very, very well. We are in the dreaded wait till we do blood testing. We wish you all the best in the coming weeks!! Hopefully we will both get to experience rainbow babies!!
Good luck with the FET! I admire you for being so strong. I think it is a great decision to give back and your blanket looks awesome!
www.kcoryfertility.blogspot.com
that last line of your post about Lily was beautiful.
I am glad everything is on schedule for the FET. I'll be thinking about you.
Your blanket will mean so much to someone else, that will be such a wonderful gift of love and kindness to them.
Your blanket is awesome - I'm so proud of your craftiness! And Wicked is one of THE best musicals. I'm glad I got to see it with you!
Sending you tons of support/love/luck. <3
I also love your blanket!
i agree. that last line gave me chills. it's amazing how our tiny little babies can come into our lives and though their time with us was brief they have taught us so much, and changed us in ways we never before thought possible. and this is why we miss them so very very much.
it's so cool that your FIL got a tatt in her honor. awesome. i was thinking of following your footsteps, but i need some time to think about what i want to do for my lil man.
i will holding you close to my heart as you move forward with the transfer. i'm hoping that both of us get a lot of good news in the coming months.
it's so cool that you are helping the bereavement group by making blankets. that is so awesome.
i love you my friend. <3
I will be praying for you. I was lucky to not have any side effects from Lupron but I have heard how terrible it can be for some. I am so excited that you are adopting an embryo - a sweet life that God has created in His image that will not be able to grow and live to glorify God. I know that you will bless each other.
My church has started a ladies' ministry to make blankets and hats for newborns, premies, and stillborns at a local pregnancy resource center. I have not personally had the privilege to participate in either of the sessions that they've had so far, but I hope to be able to help out and learn how to crochet from a pattern at the same time. I am so glad that you are putting your coping into such a worthwhile activity. I hope it is therapeutic for you!
I love the blanket; what a wonderful way to help other grieving families. Lily continues to touch so many lives ... both through grief, but also by inspiring love.
Glad that everything looks good so far for the FET; I'll be thinking about you!
I got chills reading all of the things that you and your family are doing to remember Lily. You must feel so loved (you clearly are).
After my one knitting class I kind of (ok, completely) gave up on it. Your donation of blankets to such a great cause has inspired me to maybe give it another try. That and you look super cute holding the knitting needles. I took a pic of my first knitting experience and I literally looked like someone who had missed out on a couple of decades of evolution. Fingers pointing in crazy directions, shoulders up by my ears...not pretty. :)
You are an amazingly strong soul! I think of you often!! (And I always read your updates even though I'm bad at commenting!) Best wishes to you for your upcoming FET!! XOX
The idea of your FIL getting a tattoo in honor of Lily is lovely and I am so glad that you are able to find ways to reach out to others experiencing loss. The grief thing. It amazes me sometimes. It ebbs and flows but never really stops.
I love the picture of you. Very nice blanket!! I hope everything works out with the transfer. I will be thinking and praying for you. I Love You!
Rebecca,
It warms my heart to hear that your family continues to remember Lily and talk about her. That is so amazing. You hear the opposite all too often. Good for your family!!!
FET is really close now! I am praying that this works for you. You deserve only good things!
I can't believe how fast this is approaching. So excited!
Your family is amazing :) it makes me happy that you have them to support you, to grieve with you.
Thinking about you and sending lots of hopeful prayers and wishes for the FET.
You, my friend, are a pillar of strength. I am praying for you and thinking of you as you go through these next couple of months courageously. You have a family of bloggers who are praying for you...and who are wishing along with you that your dream come true. I know that it will!
You are in a good spot to move forward with your FET. It never goes away, but it seems to be moving with your direction instead of against it. It is a great thing to be in sync with it all.
Your sentiments are lovely. I love to come here and read them. It makes me feel softer in my memories of my own loss. Thank you for giving in more ways than just your sweet blanket. It means more than anything to me.
I was just in NYC this past weekend with my Mom and saw Wicked. It was absolutely amazing and I, too, was so moved by the song For Good. So moved that I was planning on blogging about it! ;)
As always, I am thinking of you and sending lots of love and strength your way for the coming weeks. <3
Your FIL and family...that brought tears to my eyes to read. You make me want to take back up my needles and start knitting again. I so completely admire the work you do to help others dealing with such a loss and remain humbled by your example. Keeping you in my thoughts and in my heart as you move forward with the FET.
Lily is surrounded by so much love. The last sentence of your post is so beautiful. It is amazing how their short lives made such a huge impact on their parents, grandparents, extended families, and others who would have otherwise never known them.
I am so happy to hear everything is coming along. Not too much longer now! I can only imagine your anticipation!
I am thinking about you and sending you positive and loving thoughts! <3 <3 <3
It can be so hard to let anyone into your grief. As Lily's mom, you grieve differently than others, but its wonderful you recognize that while your grief is unique, you are not alone in it. Other people are not only supporting you, but are also grieving for Lily -she is not forgotten, she touched many lives.
Sending positive thoughts your way as you begin this next journey.
Hi Rebecca-
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and your sweet comments.
I think the tattoo is a cool idea, what is the design of the tattoo??
Woman, you the hardest working woman in blogland.
I just saw you tending to my girl Wanted One Good Embryo. She is a great resource. I call her Dr. Lisa.
Your transfer is soooo soon!
ICLW #44
I'm popping by from ICLW! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but so excited to see you're pursuing embryo adoption. My husband and I are on the adoption journey. As of right now we are waiting for both domestic and embryo. Good luck to you and I can't wait to follow your journey!
xoxoxo
~Michelle
http://mmproper.blogspot.com
I am hoping the FET goes well and that it is a success!! The blanket looks awesome!
Beautiful blanket. Knitting is a wonderful way to grieve. I knitted my first hat last year after the failure of our fertility treatments. It is soothing, isn't it.
Sending hugs, dear beautiful strong woman.
Post a Comment