Monday, April 25, 2011

Surprise...

We had an appointment at the MFM Specialists for our fetal heart echo this morning and it was so amazing! Everything was so much clearer than our last ultrasound since the baby is bigger, and thankfully we only received positive news that baby is looking healthy. Baby’s heartbeat was measuring at 144bpm and current weight is 1lb 4ozs. And for the big surprise, we decided to find out the sex after all, and it was a good thing we were okay with finding out because as you can see from the below picture it was pretty obvious even to us that…

It's a BOY!!!!
Here are a couple more cute profile shots of our little man…

Thinking...
We’re relieved to know that all things continue to point to him being a healthy baby, and it was so wonderful to get all of that time this morning to see him and the little world he currently inhabits. Although we’re not out of the danger zone yet, I’m definitely feeling more and more reassurance that this time we are going to bring home a healthy baby. 

"Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility" ~Kate Douglas Wiggin

42 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on the baby boy!

DandelionBreeze said...

Gorgeous photos of your little man... congratulations again and love/hearing all your good news :)) Love always xoxo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely no surprise at all! That little turtle was proudly displayed! lol! Congratulations on your little boy!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! Such a handsome little guy!!

Marianne said...

Awww, congrats! I am so thrilled for you. Little boys rock. So glad again that things are progressing well! Hugs!

Augusta said...

YEAH! Congratulations! I'm so happy that your baby boy is doing well. I am glad to read that you are gaining in confidence of bringing home your healthy baby in about 16-17 weeks. I will be doing a loud and happy dance of joy on that day. I am so thrilled for you that everything is continuing to go well. I keep you in my thoughts always, dear woman.
Sending you my warmest hugs.

Hillary said...

Congrats on having a healthy baby boy! From one boy Momma to another it is the greatest joy you will ever have!

Quick question... Does your MFM always do a fetal heart echo or were there specific reasons for it?

Trinity said...

So so happy to hear this update! A healthy baby boy! Eeeeeee! I'm obviously a bit partial to Team Blue. ;) What great pics---the "thinker" one just melts my heart!

XX

rebecca said...

Thanks guys!!! We're SO excited! @ Hillary - the specialist recommended the heart echo because heart defects are the most common abnormality babies are born with and they are seen more frequently with IVF babies.

Kakunaa said...

Congratulations! Look at that little winky! So glad he is doing well...and viability right around the corner :-)

marilyn said...

so very beautiful!:)

tireegal68 said...

I think I need arrows, but I'm a bit obtuse! Congrats on finding out! So glad all is well. Sending warm happy healthy mommy and baby thoughts:)
And remembering sweet Lily, of course:)

Ashley said...

Congratulations on finding out that it's a boy!!! Very exciting! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well.

Thanks for passing along those links regarding cloth diapering too!

Justine L said...

Hooray for a healthy little boy!! :)

AnotherDreamer said...

Awesome news :) Congrats on a boy, and so glad he's looking healthy!

One Who Understands said...

YEAH!!! Boys are so fun! I'm glad everything looked amazing and your little boy is healthy.

Marianne said...

Congrats on the baby boy!

Jen said...

Beautiful images!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. Wishing you all the best.

Jana said...

wow, those pictures are amazing. That is exciting that you know you are having a boy.

Unknown said...

How wonderful Rebecca! Congratulations on your boy!!

Room for More said...

That last comment was from me (Shannon-Room for More) I am just on DH's computer. : )

babyinterrupted said...

So happy for you - I thought of you on Friday and imagine it was a very difficult day. Here's to new beginnings and your wonderful, beautiful son!

inBetween said...

such good news! and I am so excited about your little boy. It makes it so real to know the sex. Congratulations!!!

S said...

Congrats! He's so beautiful!

Rhiannon said...

Congratulations on a sweet baby boy! I am so excited that you guys found out who is in there :) Praying for continued happiness in the days ahead!

manymanymoons said...

Oh my goodness...what awesome news. There is definitely no denying that you're having a little boy. :) Congratulations!!

Allison said...

Congratulations, Rebecca! Your little boy's pictures brought tears to my eyes! How adorable! <3 <3 <3 Sending prayers and hopeful wishes your way!

Dora said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!

Jody said...

Hooray! What a handsome little fella! My heart is so happy for you.

RaisingCain said...

Yeah a boy - that's so exciting!

I'm not surprised that you couldn't resist!

Congratulations - keep those positive vibes going.

DM said...

Glad all is looking well. Congrats on a BOY. How exciting. Best wishes to you both

Roccie said...

Baby says "shhhhhhh...."

Clare said...

Whoop whoop a boy! So exciting and great U/S shots - really happy to hear all is well. xx

Hannah said...

yay! Glad to hear you are feeling more confident in bringing home baby boy!

BBH said...

Glad everything's looking good and congrats on the boy news!

Nicole said...

Yay! A boy!! Glad you are doing good!!

Feel free to check out my personal blog or my photography blog dedicated to my angel girl and my boyfriend. Portion of the proceeds go to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. www.nmmphotography.blogspot.com

Adele said...

You're having a boy! You're having a boy! Oh, Rebecca, this is lovely news:) And, yes, ahem...it would have been very difficult for the ultrasound tech to keep that particular cat in the bag.

I'm so glad everything looks good. I know you're not out of the danger zone. But with every day that goes by, you get closer and closer to the end of it.

Paula said...

Yay for boys!!! Congratulations! Have we thought of a name?

Jill said...

Congratulations!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Yay. Yay. Yay!

I just stood up and did a happy dance for you. CONGRATS!

(beautiful quote by the way - love it!)

Becky Baker said...

Just found your blog!
From one rebecca to another...Congrats!! I am so happy for you!!
Hugs

Post a Comment