Words can’t properly express how much all of your messages of love & support as well as your prayers have meant to us in the past couple of days. I will write more later this week when things settle down a bit, but I just wanted you all to know how incredibly supported we have felt. We have truly been in awe of the outpouring of love that has flooded us since Lillian’s death & how incredibly amazing people have been in showing us such compassion & kindness.
We met with the funeral home this morning to make arrangements. Our pastor came over to the house this afternoon & we had such a wonderful meeting with him. We had already made a lot of the plans for the funeral together & he was so supportive & encouraging of everything we came up with. I'll probably post on Saturday about all the details, I think it's going to be an incredibly special service. We're having a small private family service on Friday; we're really content with all the decisions we made regarding her arrangements & feel confident they were the right decisions for us. Both of us this evening have felt such an incredible sense of peace & know that part of this is due to feeling surrounded by the love of those both near & far.
Lastly, I wanted to leave you all with a few more of the precious memories that were given to us by Erin with Baby Bloom Photography, who donated her time & amazing talent.


















40 comments:
Rebecca and Nick, when I read your post yesterday my heart broke for you. I'm glad that you have such precious momentos of Lillian, and that you can feel the love and support that is being offered to you. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I'm so so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
Those are beautiful photos and mementos of your precious daughter.
You're precious Lillian was absolutely beautiful! The photos are amazing. Praying for a peace that passes all understanding for you and your husband. My heart just breaks for you.
Here from LFCA to express my sympathy for the loss of your beautiful girl.
Thanks for sharing these precious pictures with us, Lillian Grace was absolutely precious and so cute. D and I continue to pray for you both especially as Friday approaches. Your are in our thoughts xxx
I love her cute feet! She is adorable! I'm glad you guys are feeling at peace with your arrangments. That is all so important in helping you heal. Big hugs!
I am glad you have some pictures of her. Will be thinking of you on Friday.
((hugs))
Such a beautiful little girl, what a great loss for this world. Praying for you and your family xxx
These photos are so, so beautiful. The second one is such a touchingly sweet shot, and the third just brings tears to my eyes. So peaceful, so perfect. I hope you and Nick continue to wrap yourselves in the peace and comforting of your family and friends--IRL and here in the blogosphere. So much love to you, my friend...
I love you! You guys will remain in my thoughts and prayers!
These pictures are so beautiful and I am so glad that you will always have them to hold on to. I am so very sorry for your loss. sending love your way.
The pictures are beautiful and will be such a touching way to remember her.
You are showing an amazing strength and know that you are in my prayers.
I can't begin to tell you how much my heart is breaking for you. You are in my thoughts and I am just so sorry for your loss.
Here through LFCA
My heart breaks to hear of the loss of your daughter. Lillian is such a little cutie and I am so very very sorry that you are making funeral preparations for her.
Thinking of you
My heart goes out to you both. Lillian was so beautiful. You are both so incredibly strong and yet being mindful of healing. My thoughts are with you.
These pictures bring tears to my eyes - maybe I shouldn't be looking at these while I'm at work...
The feet picture is adorable. I'm so sad.
I am so glad you have some beautiful pictures to remember your Lillian Grace, and I think it's wonderful you are making arrangements for a funeral as I know some people don't. Your service sounds beautiful, just like your little girl.
I'm here from LFCA, words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your sweet daughter. These are beautiful photos, and I am so glad that Erin was there to take them for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I am so glad that the funeral arrangements have fallen into place, that you are surrounded by those who support you in this. And that you can feel the love that is being sent to all three of you. I will be thinking of Lillian Grace for a very long time. Special girl. And she has a special mom.
What precious memories. My heart is with you during this time... I can't stop thinking of you.
I'm glad you have such beautiful photos as keepsakes. Thinking of you.
I am utterly devastated for you and so, so sorry for the loss of your darling girl. Sending many hugs and peaceful thoughts your way through the ether.
ox
I am so, so sorry for the loss of beautiful Lillian Grace. Look at those adorable little feet. How precious. I lost my own little girl 7 weeks ago at 26 weeks; I know these first days are so surreal and so painful. Praying for some peace and comfort.
Kristin
Dear Rebecca,
I have been thinking about you and Nick and Lillian ever since I read your news. I am so so sad and I so want this to have a different ending.
Thank you so much for sharing her pictures. She is perfect! I was so moved by her feet - they look so cute and real. Of course they are real and she is real too. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date.
I am glad that you have been so comforted by the words and actions of so many people - in real life and blog land. It's heartening to know that how many people love and care for Lillian and her parents.
It sounds like the service for Lillian will be lovely and fitting and bring you great comfort.
Sending so much love and hugs to you all:)
I am sorry for your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers. The photo's are a wonderful keepsake of Lillian Grace.
Those are beautiful photos. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter - you and her are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lillian Grace is a beautiful baby. I'm so sorry that she couldn't stay with you.
What a beautiful gift and what a special way to remember Lillian by. I believe, as I suspect you to do too, that one day you will see her again. She is in the Lord's arms now surrounded by love and the Lord's angels. Please know that you are in my heart and that I am praying for you and your healing.
I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you since reading your devastating news. What beautiful pictures.
Sweet baby Lillian Grace is beautiful! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...
How truely beautiful. Thinking of you.
i found your blog from LFCA...
i am so sorry for your loss....i lost twin boys at 23 weeks - they lived for a few days - and its been an incredibly hard journey.
be gentle with yourself. we're here for you...
What beautiful photos. What a beautiful girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you and, of course, with Lillian.
Oh, Rebecca, I am so very sorry. I was out of town for a few days and am so heartbroken to read your news. You and your husband, and all your family, will be in my prayers.
Those are really beautiful pictures. What a perfect girl.
I'm sorry it has taken me days to leave this comment. (I have been MIA from blog land.)
I am beyond sad for your loss. I just can't imagine what this week has been like for you and your husband. You are most definitely in my prayers and thoughts. I have shed many tears for you....
The photos are really beautiful.
From one infertility fighter to another - I am so very sorry :'( I was utterly shocked to read your post...I hope that in time your hearts will begin to mend. She was beautiful & amazingly precious. ((hugs))
She is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing something so personal.
Oh Rebecca, I am so very sorry. My prayers are with you always.
Hi Rebecca,
I was told about your blog by a friend of mine. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. I can't say that I know how you are feeling as everyone handles this sort of situation differently, but I can say that I have a pretty good idea. My husband and I had our son, Cole Joseph, on June 11th. Our baby was 16 weeks early and quite the surprise, as was the arrival of your Lillian. Our sweet boy lived for 9 days and then he returned to heaven on Father's Day. This experience has me feeling so many different emotions. I am confused and angry as I wonder why this happened to me, I am so sad and lost because I no longer have my beautiful son to hold in my arms, and then I feel so thankful that even though it was for only 9 days I got the chance to be a mom.
I was brought to tears as I read your story. I can only imagine how scared you must have been being alone in the middle of no where. The pictures that you posted are absolutely beautiful. You and your husband have memories that will last a lifetime. I am sure that you know this, but you are not alone. In the last 3 weeks I have learned that this happens to so many people. My husband and I made a blog when Cole was in the NICU. The address is www.caringbridge.org/visit/colethorp.
I hope that you do not mind that I read your blog and wrote to you. I feel better talking to people who have been through what I have. If you would like to write to me, my email address is brandyleethorp@hotmail.com. I am also on facebook.
I really do not know what God's plan is, but I sure hope that one day he will give my husband and I a child to complete our family. I pray that he does the same for you.
Post a Comment