Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's a....

I’m 17wks 5 days as of today and had my first appointment with the  perinatologist yesterday. I started weekly progesterone injections at 16wks which has been going smoothly and am continuing the daily baby aspirin. There have been recent studies that suggest taking a daily baby aspirin can help in prevention of preeclampsia for women who developed it early on in previous pregnancies, so both my OB and the perinatolgist want me to continue doing this. 

The appointment went fantastic yesterday. I’m always so nervous before these appointments and since it had been almost a month since I’d seen my OB I was especially worried about if everything was still going okay. Thankfully though baby was very active and cooperative! They did my first cervical lining ultrasound check which consists of a transvaginal ultrasound (and here I thought I was done with those!). Everything looked good in that regard and they’ll have me return to their clinic in two weeks for another check and then in a month for a more thorough ultrasound measuring everything. I also go back to my OB next week, I’m loving this month with all the reassuring appointments!

The big news at the appointment was that they were able to see the sex of the baby!!! Since Nick was at home with Ian during my appointment I asked the doctor to write it down and put it in an envelope so Nick & I could look at the results together at home. So glad we did it this way; even if he would have been with me there is something really nice about experiencing that news together on a more intimate level instead of in a clinic with another person present.

So not to leave you in suspense any longer….it’s a GIRL!!! I cried of course, although I was crying before we even read the gender. It’s just such a big moment. We’re thrilled and couldn’t be happier! Ian’s baby arrived today too, perfect timing, and he already loves taking care of it! He insisted on taking it to nap with him today and it’s melting my Momma heart watching him with his baby.

We shared this picture of the baby from the sonogram yesterday and then the one of Ian & I with Lily's quilt on facebook today to announce the news. We're thrilled that Lily's quilt will get to be used in her little sisters room!!! My friend Audra made the quilt out of Lily's baby clothes shortly after her death and it is one of our most treasured possessions. The pic doesn't really do it justice but was the best we could do while including big brother in the picture:) 





17 comments:

Lara said...

Yea! Congrats! Ian's face in the quilt picture is priceless.

Sarah said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad things are going smoothly!! Congratulations! The quilt is amazing. What did you say in your announcement?

Tiffany said...

she's goregous!!! <3 Congrats!

Mrs. Lost said...

Congratulations! That quilt is beautiful.. Your little girl will treasure it forever.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

YAY! I love this post! So happy for you guys! Little girls rock!

Brooke said...

That quilt is gorgeous and I'm so glad Lily's little sister will get to use it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!!

The Quilt Girl said...

I am so happy for you and your entire family!! What wonderful news.

tireegal68 said...

What a beautiful happy post! So thrilled for you to be having another girl! That's a beautiful quilt! And picture:) my doc prescribed me the low dose aspirin too even though my pre eclampsia happened after the birth. I'm glad you are getting such good care! Take advantage if it and don't hesitate to call them or go in if you are worried. That's what my doctor said and has stuck to it and it has really helped! Big hugs to you!!

Lj82 said...

Congratulations! I love that quilt- beautiful! <3

Amy said...

So exciting!! Congrats on another girl! I am quite certain as she grows up that that quilt will mean SO very much to her. :-). Glad things are going well, praying for a smooth sailing second half. :-)

Em said...

I didn't realize that the quilt was made out of Lily's clothes! Oh my goodness...that breaks my heart and also makes me so grateful that you have such a beautiful treasure to keep forever. What a lovely idea.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! And how sweet that you shared it with Lily's quilt. That must be a priceless keepsake.

Life Happens said...

Yay! Congrats on baby girl! Love the sweet quilt.

Britney said...

Congrats!

Kacey said...

Wonderful news! A little sister for Ian!!! Congratulations!

Tami Marie said...

Great news! Congrats!

Post a Comment