Dear Lily,
Three years ago we held you, cried
over you and clung to each other as we attempted to accept that we had to say
goodbye. Our grief was all consuming, and we questioned how we would move
forward and if we would ever become parents.
Two years ago we spent the day in
the NICU watching your brother struggle due to his prematurity as we adapted to
parenting a NICU baby.
One year ago we had just finished celebrating your
brothers 1st birthday and were in awe of how much life had changed
for us.
And now, 3 years later, life is a blur trying to keep up with your 2
year old brother. In a way, I like that you and your brother’s birthday are only
about a week apart. It's a reminder of the reality of this life we live, a
dance of joy and pain. None of us are granted an easy life; we will all experience
losses that change us in a dramatic way, but we will also continue to experience
moments of pure love that leave us feeling thankful we get to continue living
this imperfect life. So today, as I think about the 3 year old you never got to
become, I hope you know you are missed and loved and will always be a part of
our family.
















17 comments:
I hope you are finding comfort today. I really can't imagine what it's like...
Hugs
Thinking of you and remembering Lily today.
thinking of you and Lily always
That was a beautiful post. Thinking of you and your daughter.
chills. and tears.
Remembering sweet Lily. Thinking of you guys.
Thinking of you today...and of course sweet Lily. I noticed this week that one if my favorite flowers, tiger lillies, started to bloom in abundance around town. I like to think all of the lillies are bursting forth to celebrate your Lily.
thinking of you and sending comforting thoughts and hugs. xoxo
Missing sweet Lily for you today. Sending you hugs, thoughts and prayers.
I just found your blog. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Lily. Sending you a ton of hugs and positive thoughts.
So much has happened in three years. It makes me head spin for you, Rebecca. (And, well, it just makes my head spin). So glad you have your beautiful boy. But I will always remember Lillian Grace.
Remembering Lily today...
Hi Rebecca, It's been too long since I checked in. I apologize, especially having missed Lillian and Ian's birthdays. Lillian is always in my heart and will be forever remembered. I hope her special day was gentle. It's hard to believe three years have passed. Happy birthday to both of your beautiful children. Sending you love and hugs!
Lily is such a special little girl. She is so lucky to have you as her mother.
sorry it toko me so long to get to this, but i just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and Lily
Post a Comment