Those of you in the BLM community have probably seen that Franchesca has started the Small Miracles Blog Hop, and the topic this month is hope. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to join the hop and discuss what has brought you hope lately.
Of course this pregnancy has brought hope and continues to, but I think that the gift that allowed this pregnancy to occur in the first place is what truly brings me hope. Hope not just for me personally, but for the broader humanity that is the world in which we live. The fact that there are people like our donor family who care enough to reach out to us, a family half way across the country who they didn’t even know before, and to take the massive leap of faith of entrusting us with their embryos fills me with such hope. Hope that there continues to be incredibly good people and amazing acts of love that exist in this world. I think as a society we tend to focus so much on negative, tragic, and awful circumstances that we lose sight of all the compassion and kindness that occur as well. That is the hope that propels me forward and leads me to believe that although there has been a lot of sadness this past year, ultimately our future holds joy and memories to embrace.
Lastly, had to share this beautiful article. I loved how the author described how grief, while always a part of us, changes throughout our lives. “It seems that the longer we’re here experiencing the ride of life, the more life gives and takes from us. In this journey, our souls, like tattooed bodies, hold the patterns of brightly blooming, colorful pain that burns and slowly heals over time until it fades into the outline of our memory – still there, always there, but never quite the same.”
















13 comments:
Beautiful. As always very well said. Love you.
How wonderful that you've been given hope through embryo donation... thinking of you and wishing you all the best in your journey. Sharing through blogging has brought me hope and great to 'meet' you along the way xo
That's wonderful about the donation!
http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/01/zeke-strength-of-god.html
I am so happy happy happy for you!!! It is so great to hear good news:) This is amazing!! I have been not able to read and write blogs lately because of my broken laptop. I am now catching on..and wow!!! This is great news!! I did read that article about sharing the news. Melissa has such a great way of expressing what we all feel and she bring up such great subjects that we all can relate to.
I love this post. As always, you say it perfectly.
Thanks for sharing the excellent articles and I can't wait to read more on this blog hop. Hope is a precious and fragile thing. Thanks for helping to strengthen mine today.
This is a lovely post, Rebecca. Sometimes the hard stuff hurts so much that it's impossible to see the good. It gets drowned out. But you're right about the good that is out there, and Gibran was right.
Lovely. I feel the same way about my donor. I plan to explain that part of it to my daughter someday. That my donor understood how deeply I longed for a child, so with much love in her heart, she helped me become a mom.
Beautiful post. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Happy ICLW!
That post was fabulous! Your story is so amazing. I hope you have an easy pregnancy!
ICLW #61
this is such an uplifting post. thanks for the reminder that life is full of both good and bad.
Happy ICLW
Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are just a day or two ahead of me on this new journey.
ICLW #73
I will continue to pray for your pregnancy. You have a way with words. I am sure you give many people hope as you do me.
I continue to be amazed by the gift of love that you were given. It does bring about feelings of hope and that there is so much good in the world despite the bad. I am so happy that things continue to progress for you and your babe. Thinking of you always and sending love.
Post a Comment